Hi, my beauty’s hope all is well, today’s post is all about my Facial skincare routine. I will be sharing my morning and night time routine that helps my skin stay soft and glowing and removes all traces of makeup. I’m quite lucky in that I have normal/combination skin and rarely suffer from breakouts unless it’s the time of the month and even then they not bad. But in typical fashion, because I’ve planned to do a skincare post my skin is suffering from a few breakouts but I think this is due to fake tan. Does anyone else have this problem when they use fake tan on their face?
- Bunny Ears Headband
- Large Oval Cosmetic Pads
- Garnier Micellar Water
- Nip&Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum
- Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-on
- Garnier Moisture Bomb 3in1 Day cream moisturiser
- Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil
- Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
- Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm
- Garnier Moisture Bomb Hydrating Night Cream Moisturiser
My Morning Routine
- First thing I do when starting my skincare routine is to take back my hair by either tying my hair back or wearing a headband. At the moment I’m using this cute bunny ears headband from Primark.
- After I have no stray hairs on my face, I then apply a few drops of the micellar water to a cosmetic pad. I then take the pad and apply to the face and in circular motions move the pad around the face, being especially gentle around the eye area. The micellar water is great for use in the morning as it is gentle on my skin and removes any traces of makeup and sweat easily. It’s also a timesaver as it requires no rinsing which is perfect for in a morning as I’m normally short on time.
- After I have cleansed my face I then pump a pea-sized amount of the Nip&Fabs Dragon Blood Serum on the back of my hand. I then add a dot of it to both my cheeks, forehead and chin and rub into the skin in upwards and outwards motions. This product enhances moisturisation and plumps up the skin. This Serum is also ideal to use as a primer.
- I then apply the Simple Kind To Skin Revitalising Eye Roll-on to under my eyes in light circular movements and pat any remaining liquid into the skin gently with my fingertips. This product in a morning wakes up tired eyes and cools the eye area as it contains cucumber.
- And last but not least I pump a pea-sized of the Garnier Moisture Bomb 3in1 Day Cream moisturiser to the back of my clean hand. I then apply all over my face and neck in upwards and outwards movements. This skin makes my skin feel moisturised all day and provides skin with an instant radiant look and contains UVA protection. As this moisturiser doesn’t make your skin sticky you can apply makeup soon after which is a timesaver in the morning.
My Night Time Routine
My night time routine is effective at removing all traces of makeup and providing the skin with Moisture.
- Like in the morning routine the first thing that I do is take my hair back off my face by either tying my hair back or wearing a headband. This is especially important in my evening routine as it contains oil and no one wants greasy hair.
- In the evening I like to use not one but two cleansers to make sure I remove all traces of makeup even waterproof mascara. So the first cleanser that I use is the Simple kind to skin hydrating cleansing oil. I first apply a few drops of this into the palm of clean hands and then massage into my face. I then rinse my face and hands with warm water, and then remove any traces of oil with a warm damp flannel. This oil makes removing makeup even waterproof makeup easy as it just melts it off. It leaves skin feeling soft and glowy.
- For my second cleanser, I use the simple kind to skin Purifying cleansing lotion. I apply the cleanser to my hands and rub it gently into my face, to remove the cleanser I take one large oval cosmetic pad and wet it with warm water and then remove the cleanser off my face using the pad. When all the cleanser is removed I pat my face dry with a towel.
- After I have cleansed my face I then pump a pea-sized amount of the Nip&Fabs Dragon Blood Serum on the back of my hand. I then add a dot of it to both my cheeks, forehead and chin and rub into the skin in upwards and outwards motions. This product enhances moisturisation and plumps up the skin
- After applying the serum I then use my night time eye cream which is the Simple kind to eyes soothing eye balm. I apply a tiny amount to the back of my hand and dot a tiny amount under each eye and then gently pat the balm into my skin. The eye balm reduces puffiness and provides moisturisation for the delicate eye area.
- And last but not least is my night time moisturiser which is the Garnier moisture bomb hydrating night cream. I apply a pea-sized amount to the back of my hand and then apply it to my forehead, both cheeks and chin and then massage into the skin using upward and outward movements. This moisturiser has a gel-like consistency and is perfect for this time of year. It leaves skin feeling smooth and plumper and not as dry. This night cream also doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily like some thicker consistency moisturisers can do especially at this time of year.
And there you have my skincare routine that seems to work for my skin type. I’m now ready to enjoy my evening in my jim-jams probably binge-watching something on Netflix or youtube.
Thanks for reading