What’s In My Makeup Bag – Soap Awards
Hi my beauties hope all is well. At the beginning of June (seems years ago now) i was lucky enough to attend the British Soap Awards (thanks Sis). Now i must confess in the recent years i rarely watch soaps & when i do sit down to watch i’m soon reminded why its not that i find the acting bad or the writing, well i just find them too depressing & too real life & i’m the type of person i like to watch TV to escape reality. Now the evening itself was brilliant as we was lucky enough to be sat with The Hollyoaks cast (well done on winning the soap award of the year & letting us feel part of it) & to see the behind the scenes of how a live television awards work. The dresses and outfits were amazing.
Now onto my makeup for the night i went for a dewy base with a subtle contour and blush and lots of highlighter because i love to sparkle. For my eyes, i went with a warm smoky eye with golds, oranges and browns. For the lips i went with a glossy red lip.
The Makeup bag
Not only are the contents of your makeup bag important but the makeup bag itself is equally just as important. Especially for transporting your makeup from place to place. I love this bag as it has compartments and keeps all my makeup organised which is ideal especially when your in a rush, it makes getting ready easier and saves time as your no rummaging though your bag.
The Face Makeup
- Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser (Clear) – You only need to use a little, this product has quite a silicone texture. It made applying makeup easier, it claims to make the appearance of pores look smaller however i didn’t pay much attention to this claim, however it made a difference in how my makeup lasted throughout the night and i put it to the test.
- Garnier BB Cream (Original) – A Tinted moisturiser, that contains SPF 15 & Vitamin C. It’s great for summer as it provides skin with a light coverage, natural and dewy glow. If i want more coverage i combine it with my foundation.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation – A medium to full coverage foundation that leaves skin looking dewy.
- Benefit Boi-Ing Concealer 1 & 2 – I’m a massive fan of cream concealers i actually prefer them to liquid concealers as i think its more natural looking & looks less cakey on the skin. I use the Shade 1 to hide tired eyes & shade 2 to hide imperfections.
- Benefit Hoola Cream To Powder Quickie Contour Stick – I use this contour stick to define my cheekbones & forehead by applying in the hollows of my cheeks and on the temples of my forehead. This contour has a matte finish that blends easily. It’s more of an ashy color rather than a warm color so doesn’t make skin look orange.
- Make Up Revolution Imogenation Highlight To The Moon – Can’t Deal – I use the darkest bronze shade in this palette to set the cream contour.
The Setting Powder
- Makeup Revolution Imogenation Highlight To he moon Palette – My Gyal – I use this banana shade to set my foundation and concealer, its not too powdery so doesn’t look cakey and keeps my concealer and foundation in place.
- I Heart Makeup Blush Blushing Hearts – This blusher is a triple baked blusher, that provides skin with a pink shimmery color. It’s super pigmented so you have to be careful otherwise you look like aunt sally.
- Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid In Light – A liquid metallic highlighter that provides skin with a natural looking glow, easy to apply and blend into skin.
- Makeup Revolution Imogenation Highlight To The Moon Palette – Limited Edition & Angel Face – I use a mixture of these two frosted highlighting shades to set my liquid highlighter.
The Setting Spray
- Primark Glow Intensity Setting Spray – I cant comment on if this spray has any effect on the longevity of my makeup but it feels nice on my skin & provides skin with a subtle glow has it contains shimmering gold in it. It also has added benefits of cucumber, chamomile & caffeine all hydrate the skin & reduce puffiness.
The Eye Shadow Palette
Smashbox Cover Shot Ablaze Eye Palette – A small compact eye palette with 8 eye shadow shades inspired by the desert featuring browns, rich reds & oranges, in shimmers & mattes. I applied Throwback (dark orange) in the crease, Dark Horse (dark brown) in the outer corners & Siesta (rose gold) onto the eye lid.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational – one of the best drugstore mascaras out there, the brush reaches the tiniest of lashes & with its blackest black & wet formula it provides lashes with lots of volume and length. The only downside has it’s a wet formula until it drys it can smudge especially if your like me and sneeze as soon as your finished applying your mascara.
- Benefit Bad Gal bang Mascara – For extra volume on my lashes i added a coat of this. this mascara is one of my faves its waterproof, adds volume and lengthens my lashes, the formulas less wet than the lash sensational one.
The Liquid Eye Liner
- NYX Epic Ink Liner – My favorite liquid eye liner ever, the nib on this felt tip liner makes it so easy to apply even for an novice like me. It’s smudge proof even on my hooded eyes and lasts all day.
The Lip Liner
- Sleek Twist up Lip Pencil – Chestnut 653 – perfect for popping in your makeup bag or bag on the go as its twist up so you don’t have to worry about the breakages & no sharpener situation. The color of this eyeliner is a reddy brown shade so compliments many lip colors & lipsticks.
- Sleek Makeup Lip VIP lipstick In Night Spot 1009 – A semi – matte lipstick formulated with Shea butter & coconut oil & vitamin E which provides the lips with moisture. This lipstick is one of my faves as its a perfect red for my skin tone. The formula is long wearing even after food & drink,provides the lips with a full coverage velvety lip color.
The Lip Gloss
- Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Gloss in Flirtatious Magenta – A lovely reddy pink lip gloss with hints of shimmer. The gloss is not too tacky.
The Face Brushes (Top Row)
- Morphe M439 Buffing Brush
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Real Techniques Contour Brush
- No7 Blusher Brush
The Eye Brushes (Bottom Row)
- Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
- Real Techniques Brow Brush
- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
- Real Techniques Accent Brush
The final look
- Red Dress – Missguided
- White platform Heel Court Shoes – New Look
- Red Vogue Magazine clutch – market stall in Croatia
- Mark Hill Corkscrew curling wand
- Pearl hair slide – George@Asda
Disclaimer : All products were bought with my own money and all opinions on products are completely my own and i will always be hones with you my readers. The product widgets contain affiliate links all this means is that if you purchase a product using the links i earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks For Reading
Skip Breakfast At Tiffanys
I love this post – I love how you have all the products attached making it easier
To shop ??
Thank you for your lovely comment. I’m also liking the new layout x